Ohhhhh boy been busy doing assignments / studying for all the midterms, completely forgot about this thing until it was mentioned in the lecture... Alright let's sum up about what we've learned so far in the lastttt I think 2 weeks or so.
Alright I believe I left off at LinkedLists and we began doing it the way I learned before. A node and a tail pointing to another node until a node eventually points to a None. Midterm happened after that and to be honest it wasn't that bad. Got it back the next week and lost a mark because I called super(...) instead of Stack.__init__... oh well still did well. Alright anyways back to LinkedLists and its methods for the head and tail. The insert and deletion were fairly simple as we had to program them ourselves back in high school. Now sadly I missed the Wednesday lecture that week due to family issues so I still need to catch up on that.
Moving onto the next week, we learned about the Binary Search Tree where it has a node and a left and right side. The lab for this week was fairly interesting, using some more recursion for BST and creating helper functions that re-curse on themselves. With the code that was given to us, it was fairly easy to construct the new helper functions by doing something similar to what was already coded. Now for what we're finally moving into and what I've been dreading... sorting algorithms and runtime algorithms... I've been dreading this moment since I took CSC165 last semester and oh boy it's back to haunt me. Luckily I still remember a lot from that course so big-O isn't exactly a new concept to me but man did I hate it.
Well this was a quick summary of what we've done so far for the past few weeks, still 2 more midterms to go, one of them being this course... hopefully it goes well.
No comments:
Post a Comment